Curtin is a place where curious minds come together. If you are fascinated by everything around you, and like to ask questions and experiment with new ideas, then we can help you develop the knowledge and practical, real-world skills that you’ll need to make tomorrow better.
A Bachelor of Science (Science) from Curtin can help you reveal a whole new world. You’ll learn how to apply your studies to real industry challenges and situations, and have opportunities to work in environments where research and discovery abound.
Your learning experience at Curtin will be professional, interactive, passionate, connected and forward-looking. You’ll benefit from global industry partnerships and opportunities, and a professional and interactive environment. We combine theory with practical study and offer facilities and innovative teaching methods to prepare you for your chosen career.
Why study Science?
For the Curtin experience
- Choose between a range of three or four-year bachelor degrees to suit your passions and career goals
- Benefit from extensive industry exposure and networking opportunities
- Enjoy purpose-built learning facilities, including the $116 million Resources and Chemistry precinct
- Study a course that is recognised internationally, many accredited by relevant professional bodies
- Participate in a variety of high-impact research initiatives
- Explore your science and other academic interests, and boost your career opportunities, with a variety of double degree and elective unit options
For the research excellence
The faculty of Science and Engineering is involved in a variety of high-impact research initiatives, including the Murchison Widefield Array (MWA) and the Square Kilometre Array (SKA). The SKA is a mega-science and engineering collaboration that will explore the universe through the world’s largest and most sensitive radio telescope. All of Curtin’s research initiatives aim to solve real-world challenges.
For the international rankings
In the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2019, Curtin ranked:
- Ranked 35th in the world for Earth and Marine Sciences
Our science undergraduate courses
- Actuarial Science
- Advanced Science (Honours)
- Applied Geology
- Chemistry (Advanced Science)
- Coastal and Marine Science
- Coastal and Marine Science (Advanced Science)
- Computing (Advanced Science)
- Data Science
- Data Science (Advanced Science)
- Earth Sciences (Advanced Science)
- Environmental Science
- Environmental Science (Advanced Science)
- Extractive Metallurgy
- Financial Mathematics
- Financial Mathematics (Advanced Science)
- Industrial and Applied Mathematics
- Industrial and Applied Mathematics (Advanced Science)
- Information Technology
- Medical Radiation Science
- Mine and Engineering Surveying
- Molecular Genetics (Advanced Science)
- Multidisciplinary Science
- Physics (Advanced Science)
- Science Honours