If you enjoy solving problems, and want to make a real difference in the world, then Curtin can help you build a successful and rewarding career in engineering. As a future engineer at Curtin, you will develop the knowledge and practical, real-world skills that you’ll need to make tomorrow better.
Our Bachelor of Engineering offers a variety of engineering speciality options, industry work experience, high-tech learning spaces, a vibrant campus life, and a solid foundation in modern engineering concepts. You’ll also have access to a strong support network via our Engineering Foundation Year clinic sessions.
Shifting demographics, globalisation and rapid advances in technology mean that the nature of engineering is changing. It no longer only responds to the needs of society, but now also underpins its evolution. As a Curtin engineering student, you will develop technical, practical and real-world skills and understanding to meet the challenges facing society now and in the future.
Why study Engineering?
For the Curtin experience
- Choose between a range of four-year bachelor degrees with honours (double degree options with science or commerce)
- Benefit from extensive industry exposure and networking opportunities
- Complete the award-winning engineering foundation year
- Study a course that is accredited by Engineers Australia and internationally recognised under the Washington Accord
- Enjoy purpose-built facilities, including the $32.5 million engineering pavilion complex
- Explore flexible academic support options, which offer extra help for core units and difficult concepts
For the research excellence
In the Australian Government’s Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) 2015 assessment, Curtin scored world standard (or above) in 26 areas of research capability, receiving a well above world standard ranking for electrical and electronic engineering.
For the international rankings
In the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2019, Curtin ranked:
- 2nd in the world for Mineral and Mining Engineering
- Top 100 in the world for Civil and Structural Engineering