Agriculture and Agribusiness
Australia has the potential to be a leader in developing innovative solutions for sustainable, economical and ethical food production, across domestic and international markets.Food production and security are important issues throughout both developed end emerging economies. Students with degrees in agriculture are in high demand by government agencies and business organisations involved the science and technology of food production and distribution and in recreational and amenity horticulture. A broad range of career options are also available in extension and service provision to the agriculture and horticulture industries.
Our Agriculture major is designed to provide graduates with an industry-ready understanding of the science and technology required for the productive use of plants and animals for food, fibre and amenity purposes. The course builds from basic biology and agricultural systems including overarching issues such as food security, sustainability, and climate change to specifics of crop and animal production and rural development. Our Agribusiness Bachelor and Associate Degree tackle the science, practise, business and people of food and fibre production.
In the Australian Government’s Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) 2018 assessment, Curtin University is ranked well above world standard for Crop and Pasture Production.
Agricultural production and development careers are available throughout the world.
- Agricultural and resource economist
- Agricultural scientist
- Farm management and farm consultant
- Grain trader
- Research trials manager
- Soil scientist
- Agriculture marketing and supply chain logistics
- Agricultural product supply
- Banking and finance
- Farmer grower groups
- Private farming
- Agribusiness (Associate Degree)
- Agricultural Science Major (Advanced Science)
- Environment and Agriculture (Honours)
- NEW for 2021 – Agricultural Science Major
- Master of Science (Dryland Agricultural Systems)
- Research degrees in Environmental and Agriculture at Doctoral, Masters and Master of Research level.