Indigenous Australian Engineering School
Indigenous Australian Engineering School (IAES) 2020, 27th of September – 3rd of October
APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN
IAES is an opportunity for Indigenous students to discover the benefits of engineering. This program provides a forum for students to meet engineering role models and gain insights into the possibilities for their future.
Founded in 1996, is an annual event established by Engineering Aid Australia. It provides Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students from around Australia with the opportunity to experience engineering studies and careers.
In the term 3 holidays, from the 27th of September to the 3rd of October in 2020, Curtin University will host the IAES for the eleventh time in as many years.
Open to Indigenous students in year 9, 10, 11 and 12 in 2020, students with an interest and aptitude towards engineering, science and mathematics are encouraged to apply to attend this week-long program.
Students will have an experience they will never forget, make connections with industry engineers for the future and forge relationships with other like-minded students from across Australia to become part of the IAES community.
- One week long – Sunday to Saturday, 27th of September to the 3rd of October;
- Live-in – accommodation provided, travel to/from Perth paid for;
- Catered – all meals, drinks and snacks included;
- Supervised – Indigenous university students as house parents;
- Industry supported – site visits and industry representatives;
- Academically supported – exciting and educational activities every day; and
- Free – spending money is optional but not necessary
For more information call Tim Keely anytime on 0401 103 520