Indigenous Australian Engineering School
Indigenous Australian Engineering School (IAES) 2019
APPLICATIONS OPEN NOW – CLOSING DATE 17th MAY
IAES is an opportunity for Indigenous students to discover the benefits of engineering. This program provides a forum for students to meet engineering role models and gain insights into the possibilities for their future.
Founded in 1996, is an annual event established by Engineering Aid Australia. It provides Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students from around Australia with the opportunity to experience engineering studies and careers.
In 2019 Curtin University will host the IAES for the tenth time in as many years. Open to Indigenous students in year 9, 10, 11 and 12 in 2019, students with an interest and aptitude towards engineering, science and mathematics are encouraged to apply to attend this week-long program.
Students will have an experience they will never forget, make connections with industry engineers for the future and forge relationships with other like-minded students from across Australia to become part of the IAES community.
- One week long – Sunday to Saturday;
- Live-in – accommodation provided, travel to/from Perth paid for;
- Catered – all meals, drinks and snacks included;
- Supervised – Indigenous university students as house parents;
- Industry supported – site visits and industry representatives;
- Academically supported – exciting and educational activities every day; and
- Free – spending money is optional but not necessary
You can download a 2019 brochure here.
Or if you want to make an online application you can do it here.
If you are doing the online application it may help to have the application form downloaded as well, because it will give you a preview of the questions you will be asked and the documents we need you to upload.
For more information call Tim Keely anytime on 0401 103 520