The South Pacific Optimization Meeting in Western Australia 2017 (SPOM in WA 2017)
SPOM in WA is a continuation of the successful series of South Pacific meetings: South Pacific Conferences in Mathematics SPCM2005, SPCM2010 and South Pacific Optimization Workshop –SPOM2016- held in New Caledonia, South Pacific Optimization Meeting held in Newcastle (2013), and South Pacific Continuous Optimization Meeting held in Adelaide (2015).
SPOM in WA 2017 will be hosted by Curtin University and be held in Perth during 8-10 December 2017.
SPOM in WA 2017 will address all aspects of optimization such as variational and convex analysis, numerical optimization, control theory, vector optimization, and stochastic optimization. The workshop talks are invitation only.
The late Professor Jonathan M. Borwein was an organizer of the three previous editions of SPOM (in 2013 in Newcastle, 2015 in Adelaide and 2016 in Noumea). He was also going to be an organizer and mentor for the current one. To celebrate his unparalleled contribution to the optimization discipline and community in Australia, SPOM 2017 in WA is dedicated to his memory.
- Marco Antonio López-Cerdá (University of Alicante, Alicante)
- Juan Enrique Martinez Legaz (Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Barcelona)
- Jacqueline Morgan (Federico II University, Naples)
- Stephen Simons (University of California at Santa Barbara, Santa, Barbara)
- Christiane Tammer (Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg, Halle-Wittenberg)
Abstract Submission Deadline
For plenary/invited speakers, Please submit your abstracts to JOC@curtin.edu.au with the subject “SPOM abstracts” before 1 November 2017.
Confirmed Plenary Speakers
- Andrew Eberhard (RMIT, Melbourne)
- Hélène Frankowska (Institut de Mathématiques de Jussieu – University Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris)
- Jerzy Filar (University of Queensland, Brisbane)
- Jeya Jeyakumar (University of New South Wales, Sydney)
- Marco Antonio Lopez Cerda (University of Alicante, Alicante)
- Michel Théra (University of Limoges, Limoges)
- Ralph Tyrrell Rockafellar (University of Washington, Washington)
- Regina S. Burachik (University of South Australia, Adelaide)
Confirmed Invited Speakers
- Alexander Kruger (Federation University, Ballarat, VIC, Australia)
- Annamaria Barbagallo (University of Naples Federico II, Italy)
- Beansan Goh ( Curtin University, Sarawak, Malaysia)
- C. Yalcin Kaya (UNISA, Adelaide, SA, Australia)
- Christopher Schneider (Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Jena, Thuringia, Germany)
- Constantin Zalinescu (University Al. I. Cuza, Romania)
- Firdevs Ulus (Bilkent University, Ankara, Turkey)
- Hector Ramirez (University of Chile, Santiago, Chile)
- Helmut Maurer (Munster University, Germany)
- James Saunderson (Monash University, Melbourne, VIC, Australia)
- Janosch Rieger (Monash University, Melbourne)
- Jie Sun (Curtin University, Perth)
- Kok Lay Teo (Curtin University, Perth)
- Lina Mallozzi (University of Naples Federico II, Italy)
- Maria Alessandra Ragusa (University of Catania, Italy, RUDN University, Moscow, Russia)
- Maria do Rosário de Pinho (University of Porto, Porto)
- Michelle Dunbar (The University of Sydney, NSW, Australia)
- Ngoc Minh Dao (University of Newcastle, Newcastle)
- René Henrion (Weierstrass Institute for Applied Analysis and Stochastics, Berlin, Germany).
- Russell Luke (Goettingen University, Goettingen)
- Samir Adly (University of Limoges, France)
- Scott Lindstrom (University of Newcastle, Newcastle)
- Vera Roschina (RMIT, Melbourne, VIC, Australia)
- Xiaoqi Yang, Hong Kong Polytechnic University (Hong Kong)