If you enjoy solving problems, and want to make a real difference in the world, then Curtin can help you build a successful and rewarding career in engineering. As a future engineer at Curtin, you will develop the knowledge and practical, real-world skills that you'll need to make tomorrow better.
We offer a variety of engineering speciality options, industry work experience, high-tech learning spaces, a vibrant campus life, and a solid foundation in modern engineering concepts. You’ll also have access to a strong support network via our Engineering Foundation Year clinic sessions.
Shifting demographics, globalisation and rapid advances in technology mean that the nature of engineering is changing. It no longer only responds to the needs of society, but now also underpins its evolution. As a Curtin engineering student, you will develop technical, practical and real-world skills and understanding to meet the challenges facing society now and in the future.
Why study Engineering?
For the Curtin experience
- choose between a range of four-year bachelor degrees with honours (double degree options with science or commerce)
- benefit from extensive industry exposure and networking opportunities
- complete the award-winning engineering foundation year
- study a course that is accredited by Engineers Australia and internationally recognised Washington Accord
- enjoy purpose-built facilities, including the $32.5 million engineering pavilion complex
- explore flexible academic support options, which offer extra help for core units and difficult concepts
For the research excellence
In the Federal Government’s latest Excellence in Research survey Curtin scored world standard (or above) in 24 areas of research capability, ranked above world standard for chemical and mechanical engineering research and was one of only five Australian Universities to recieve the highest ranking for earth science and geochemistry.
For the international rankings
In the 2016 QS World University Rankings, Curtin ranked:
- top 100 universities worldwide for chemical engineering
- top 150 universities worldwide for civil and structural engineering
- top 200 universities worldwide for electrical and electronic engineering.
Download our latest Course Guide
Early offers for engineering
This year, eligible year 12 students could receive an early offer to study the Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) or any double degrees with engineering at Curtin University.
Engineering Awards 2015
View images from the Curtin Engineering Annual Prize Giving Ceremony held on Friday 17 April 2015, to commend outstanding students.